Staging Your Home Checklist
- Are countertops free and clear?
- Have you removed unnecessary furniture throughout the house?
- Remove the art gallery and coupon collection from the refrigerator.
- Are the surfaces clean and clear?
- Are shower curtains and doors hung properly?
- Is the flooring clean and fresh?
- Are towels neatly hung?
- Is paint and wallpaper fresh and clean?
- Are the walls free from holes?
- Are there any colors or objects on the walls that need to be removed?
- Is the carpet clean and free from stains?
- Are hard surface floors clean and free from stains?
- Are all the windows sparkling clean?
- Are draperies and blinds clean?
- Are there any signs that this is a pet's home? Be sure to clean and remove kitty litter, pet toys and bedding.
- Try to air out the home prior to showings.
- If air freshener is necessary, use something subtle and apply it well before showings as a consideration to those with allergies.
- Open draperies and blinds.
- Turn on the radio to a classical music station and set the volume on low.
- If you have time, cook a batch of cookies to have the warm, welcoming aroma permeating the home.
Brian specializes in home staging and knows how to make your home show its best: (928) 308-5086.
914 E Gurley Street
Prescott, AZ 86301
Cell: (928) 308-5086
Sellers, be flexible with showings. Yes, it can feel a bit intrusive to allow strangers to trek through your home and check out your soft-closing drawers in the kitchen. The best way to sell your home is to let a buyer inside with her buyer's agent to tour in peace and quiet. Leave the house when buyer's agents show up. Anything you say can and will be used against you...plus, buyer's agents prefer to show without interference.