Staging Your Home Checklist
- Are countertops free and clear?
- Have you removed unnecessary furniture throughout the house?
- Remove the art gallery and coupon collection from the refrigerator.
- Are the surfaces clean and clear?
- Are shower curtains and doors hung properly?
- Is the flooring clean and fresh?
- Are towels neatly hung?
- Is paint and wallpaper fresh and clean?
- Are the walls free from holes?
- Are there any colors or objects on the walls that need to be removed?
- Is the carpet clean and free from stains?
- Are hard surface floors clean and free from stains?
- Are all the windows sparkling clean?
- Are draperies and blinds clean?
- Are there any signs that this is a pet's home? Be sure to clean and remove kitty litter, pet toys and bedding.
- Try to air out the home prior to showings.
- If air freshener is necessary, use something subtle and apply it well before showings as a consideration to those with allergies.
- Open draperies and blinds.
- Turn on the radio to a classical music station and set the volume on low.
- If you have time, cook a batch of cookies to have the warm, welcoming aroma permeating the home.
140 N. Montezuma Street
Prescott, AZ 86301
Cell: (928) 308-5086
Why Choose HomeSmart?
Autumn is the second busiest season in the real estate market. If you're looking to buy a home, here are 3 valuable pieces of info:
- The busy part of the season is from mid-September to mid-November. Most people like to be in their new home by the holidays, so this 2-month span has the most activity.
- Make sure you're pre-approved. Since this busy season is so short, you'll need to move quickly. Getting pre-qualified for a loan is essential to closing on your dream home.
- Guess what? Your dream home is someone else's, too. Be prepared to make an aggressive offer to give you the advantage over other potential buyers.